Spectators are reminded that motorsport can be dangerous and, despite the organisers of the Wastewater Solutions UAC Easter Stages Rally taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of these, you are present at your own risk.
Spectators must obey the instructions of rally marshals. Spectators who are asked to move and refuse to do so are putting their own safety and that of others at risk. Where this happens the stage may be stopped or cancelled.
Rally cars can do the unexpected, so expect the unexpected.
Remember rally cars may:
- run wide on corners
- cut corners
- throw up stones
- overshoot junctions
- leave the road
The event would not happen without the agreement of the residents, farmers and landowners who live on the roads which have been closed. So, please follow the Countryside Code at all times and respect other people’s property and take all litter home with you.
The organisers of the Wastewater Solutions UAC Easter Stages have put various measures in place in an attempt to keep spectators safe but ultimately all spectators are responsible for their own personal safety.
For your own safety and the safety of others:
- listen to the marshals and follow their instructions. They are there to help you and ensure the Rally runs within the safety guidelines prescribed by Motorsport UK
- be aware that marshals and officials have the right to work without being abused or threatened
- arrive in plenty of time
- watch from a safe location, preferably on high ground
- observe and obey all event signage
- do not walk on the stage
- do not enter prohibited areas
- ensure that children and infants are always accompanied by an adequate number of adults who are responsible for their behaviour and safety
- remain alert
- park your car in such a position that it does not block the road – remember emergency vehicles might have to leave or access the stage by that road
Have fun but keep safe!