Fast & Furious it is!!
Entries for the 2022 Wastewater Solutions Circuit of Ireland International Rally have now closed and we are delighted to announce that the cream of the crop have decided to take the ‘Fast & Furious’ challenge at Easter.
A full house of 91 entries, marking the 91st running of the oldest Rally in Ireland will tackle the 11 superlative stages, covering over 120 stage miles during Good Friday and Easter Saturday. The service area in Ballymena will see competitors and spectators receive a very warm and traditional welcome from the local community. The support from people across the North East of the Province has been superb and we thank them all for their generosity and help to make this event happen said Nigel Hughes the Clerk of the Course.
It is clear from the top 10 entries that there will be seriously ‘fast and furious’ driving skills exhibited on the technically demanding stages to thrill those who come to enjoy this fantastic spectacle on some of the classic stages of the ‘Circuit’. Jonnie Greer the current leader of the McGrady Insurance ANICC Stage Rally Championship believes that this event will challenge even the best.
William Creighton, current Motorsport UK Junior British Rally Champion and one of the UAC Future Champions will be entertaining the crowds so keep up to ‘speed’ with our live streaming via youtube and facebook.
Top 10 entries:
- Alastair Fisher & Gordon Noble – Volkswagen Polo GTi R5
- Josh Moffett & Andy Hayes – Hyundai i20 R5
- Callum Devine & Shane Byrne – Ford Fiesta R5
- Meirion Evans & Jonathan Jackson – Volkswagen Polo GTi R5
- Cathan McCourt & Liam Moynihan – Skoda Fabia R5
- Derek McGarrity & Graham Henderson – Volkswagen Polo GTi R5
- Jonathan Greer & Darragh Mullen – Citroen C3 Rally 2
- Desi Henry & Paddy Robinson – Ford Fiesta MK 2
- Brendan Cumiskey & Martin Connolly – Volkswagen Polo GTi R5
- Declan Boyle & James O’Reilly – Volkswagen Polo GTi R5